We believe that bullying and harassment are never okay.
- Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured on campus you can call the Brunel Security Team on 01895 255786. If you are off campus, contact the Emergency Services on 999.
- Find a safe space. If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are scared or fearful you can call the Brunel Security Team on 01895 255786 or the Emergency services on 999.
- What are bullying and harrassment? It might be useful to think about what is meant by bullying and how this behaviour are described.
- To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
- Student Support and Welfare Team. A member of the team can talk through the University's procedures, how to make a complaint and what support is available.
- Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can make a report with contact details. If you choose to report with contact details, a member of the Student Support and Welfare Team will be able to talk through the options and support available to you.
- University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
1 in 4 people is affected by a mental health problem in any year and it is estimated that around 1 in 5 people has contemplated suicide or self-harm.
- Find out more on the support available for mental health and wellbeing.
- Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, you can let us know via this site or contact the Student Support and Welfare Team.