This form is used to collect information from you regarding incidents and/or concerns.
We may use the information you provide for the purpose of:
- Helping us to identify the best staff member for you to speak to in relation to your report;
- Providing the identified staff member with your contact details (if you have provided them) and some useful background information that will enable them to understand the nature of your concern or the incident you are reporting;
- Where applicable, reviewing your report and taking further action if required. For example, an investigation could lead to the university carrying out disciplinary action. You can read more about this on the Office of Student Complaints, Conduct and Appeals (OSCCA) webpage. We will write to you to keep you inform of what we are doing.
- Once we have concluded any actions we have taken, we will write to you to inform you of the outcome. We will only retain your personal information for a further three years in line with university policy. After three years, we will delete what personal data you have provided. We may retain some information in order to monitor our work in this area but you will not be identifiable from this information.
- At any time, you may ask that we stop processing your personal data and that we safely and securely delete the information you gave us.
Your identity and your other personal data will be disclosed within Brunel University on a need to know basis only and will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent unless there are legitimate reasons requiring us to do so, for example, where the information you have provided highlights a potential risk to a person’s health and safety.
Please be aware that if you disclose on an anonymous basis, Brunel University London is not able to commit to taking any formal action. However, Brunel University London will review and keep an anonymised record of your report to identify whether there have been/are other similar reports and whether there is a pattern of behaviour or trends which should be addressed. In order for us to be able to assist you fully, we encourage you to report with contact details.
We are collecting this information because the University has a legitimate interest in ensuring staff and students at the University are safe and receiving support for incident and/or concern affecting them.
You can contact our Data Protection
Office for further information on how we protect your data or to request a copy of the data you enter into this form.