If you think you or someone you know has been bullied or harassed there is a variety of support options available to both students and staff.
For students and staff
- The Mediation Service. The University's Mediation Service offers an alternative dispute resolution approach; it is confidential and can help resolve a disagreement or conflict, with a colleague in the workplace or a fellow student. You can access the mediation service by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Tutor. If you are a student you can talk to your tutor.
- Student Support and Welfare Team. This team can provide welfare and wellbeing advice and guidance as well as signposting to internal and external services. You can also book appointments with the Counselling and Mental Wellbeing Service through this team. You can contact them at email@example.com
- Extenuating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for extenuating circumstances. Your Tutor or Taught Programmes Office (TPO) will be able to provide more information.
- Equality and Diversity Team- EDI@brunel.ac.uk
- Human Resources Business Partner. If you are a member of staff or manager your HR business partner will be able to identify the support that is available for you.
- Trade Unions. Three trade unions represent staff at the University Unison, Unite and UCU.
- Line manager
- Staff network representatives-Your support network (brunel.ac.uk)
Other sources of support
- Citizens Advice provides some information on bullying and harassment.
- Family Lives provides some information and advice on bullying at the University.