If you think you or someone you know is being sexually assaulted there is a variety of support options available to both students and staff.

For students and staff

  • Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVAs). You can find an ISVA location close to you here . ISVAs are people who are trained to look after the needs of a survivor of rape or sexual violence to ensure they receive the best possible care and understanding. Contact them and ask to speak to an advisor in confidence. ISVAs are there to provide information to ensure an individual can make a decision that is right for them.

  • Outcry Witness is a platform for victims of sexual violence to get information and for signposting. It provides a safe, secure, and completely anonymous space for you to keep a record of your experience so that you have control over your choices. 

For students

  • Your Tutor. If you are a student you can talk to your tutor.
  • Student Support and Welfare Team. This team can provide welfare and wellbeing advice and guidance as well as signposting to internal and external service. You can also book appointments with the Counselling and Mental Wellbeing Service through this team. You can contact them on studentsupport@brunel.ac.uk
  • Extenuating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for extenuating circumstances. Your Tutor or Taught Programmes Office (TPO) will be able to provide more information.

For staff
  • Equality and Diversity Team- EDI@brunel.ac.uk
  • Human Resources Business Partner. If you are a member of staff or manager your HR business partner will be able to identify the support that is available for you. 
  • Trade Unions. Three trade unions represent staff at the University Unison, Unite and UCU.
  • Line manager
  • Staff network representatives-Your support network (brunel.ac.uk)

Other sources of support

  • Galop is a charity that supports lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and queer people affected by sexual violence.
  • Manchester Women’s Aid provides a range of services for people experiencing domestic violence including helpline.
  • MALE is an advice line for male victims of domestic abuse.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened