If you think you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, there is a variety of support available to both students and staff.

For students

  • Your Tutor. If you are a student you can talk to your tutor.
  • Student Support and Welfare Team. This team can provide welfare and wellbeing advice and guidance as well as signposting to internal and external service. You can also book appointments with the Counselling and Mental Wellbeing Service through this team. You can contact them on studentsupport@brunel.ac.uk
  • Extenuating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for extenuating circumstances. Your Tutor or Taught Programmes Office (TPO) will be able to provide more information.

For staff

  • Equality and Diversity Team- EDI@brunel.ac.uk
  • Human Resources Business Partner. If you are a member of staff or manager your HR business partner will be able to identify the support that is available for you. 
  • Trade Unions. Three trade unions represent staff at the University Unison, Unite and UCU.
  • Line manager
  • Staff network representatives-Your support network (brunel.ac.uk)

Other sources of support

  • Respect.Information and support for men who experience domestic violence. Advice line open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm or email info@respectphoneline.org.uk
  • Women and Girls’ Network. Counselling and support to help women and girls recover from violence. Tel: 0808 801 0770.
  • Revenge Porn Helpline: Open10.00am-4.00pm, Monday to Friday - 0345 600 0459
  • Galop. is a charity that supports lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and queer people affected by sexual and domestic violence. They run London and National phone helpline as well as an online chat service Saturday & Sunday: 15:00 - 19:00.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened