If you think you or someone you know is being groomed or is at risk of radicalisation, there is a variety of support options available to both students and staff.
- Your Tutor. If you are a student you can talk to your tutor.
- Student Support and Welfare Team. This team can provide welfare and wellbeing advice and guidance as well as signposting to internal and external service. You can also book appointments with the Counselling and Mental Wellbeing Service through this team. Please call +44 (0) 1895 267045 (Monday - Thursday: 9am - 4.30pm
Friday: 10am - 4.30pm), or email email@example.com.
- Extenuating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for extenuating circumstances. Your Tutor or Taught Programmes Office (TPO) will be able to provide more information.
- Visit the Meeting House on campus to speak with a chaplain (open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm). Alternatively, please call +44 (0)1895 267253, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources Business Partner. If you are a member of staff or manager your HR business partner will be able to identify the support that’s available for you.
- Trade Unions. There are three trade unions that represent staff at the University Unison, Unite and UCU.
Other sources of support
- Citizen's Advice provides some useful information about what to do if you believe someone is being groomed or abused.
- Victim Support. When you report a crime to the police, they should automatically ask you if you would like help from an organisation like Victim Support. But anyone affected by crime can contact them directly – you don’t need to talk to the police to get Victim Support help.
- The Ann Craft Trust supports organisations to safeguard adults and young people at risk and minimise the risk of harm and provides useful guidance about adult grooming..
- Small Steps can help you if you suspect that someone close to you is in danger of being radicalised. You can email them at email@example.com.
- The Survivors Trust for specialist support in your area.