We’re here to offer support, letting us know concerns is perfectly normal.
- Are they in immediate danger? If they are in immediate danger or seriously injured on campus they can call the Brunel Security Team on 01895 255786. If they are off campus, contact the Emergency Services on 999.
- Listen. Just taking the time to listen actively to someone allowing them space and time to talk through their concern(s).These six active listening tips might help you support them. - Published on Oct 4, 2015 Based on the Samaritans guidelines for active listening.
- Give options. When they have finished talking ask them if they are okay to talk through some possible options and next steps.
- Student Support and Welfare Team. A member of the team can talk through the University's procedures, and what support is available.
- Report and Support. Students and staff can report any Mental Health concerns they have for self and others using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can make a report with contact details. If you choose to report with contact details, a member of the Student Support and Welfare Team will be able to talk through the options and support available to you.